Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pre-Trip Thoughts

The most obvious thing to be excited about, for me, is the people I'm going to meet. It's going to be a lot of fun getting to know the city. But I also anticipate studying a lot. My main motivation for going is to study Spanish and I think it will be pretty nice both living in a Spanish speaking community and also be taking formal classes.
I also had to buy some new clothes since my current wardrobe isn't really equipped for a more formal environment. The point here is I'm excited to look fly. But in all seriousness I think it's going to be a very interesting place though I can't really say I know what exactly to expect. Mostly, I'm just going down with an open mind and good intentions.
It's yet to be seen what I'll get into but I do know one plan that I have. I want to find a book store or something and get a book by a local author (or at least something in Spanish) and then I plan on slaving through the book until I understand every word. Hopefully before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment